What to consider before starting a cold desserts shopCindy Mendez | April 25, 2019 | 0 | Retail
Are your ice cream cakes a hit among your amigas? Great! However, hold your horses, first. There are things you need to consider before you can start your dessert shop and start looking for display fridges for sale.
1. Your solid business plan
You should create a business plan that clearly outlines your actions.
On your plan, you need to include the following:
- Type of product or service – List down the types of dessert you’re going to sell. Are you providing a foodservice option? Or, will you serve directly to walk-in customers?
- Overall costs – Next, list down the costs. These include the property, equipment such as a freezer for sale, the insurance, the marketing, the employees, etc.
- Marketing plan – How are you going to market your products? Are your customers social media savvy? Make sure you use the right platform for advertising them.
- Managerial duties – Enumerate the responsibilities of your manager.
2. Your mentors
Do you have at least one? It’s important that you can learn from someone who has been there. They know the business more than anyone else, so don’t hesitate to ask for their guidance.
If you can’t find a mentor, you have to join a network of entrepreneurs, at least. They might even suggest some good commercial fridges for sale Melbourne has today.
3. Your budget
Even though you’ve saved an adequate amount of money for this venture, you should set aside an allowance. You should take note that it might take a while before your new business becomes profitable. Moreover, there might be unpredictable costs you have to pay.
Therefore, make sure to evaluate your budget carefully. Seek help from a financial advisor if you can.
As for good deals, never shy away from bargaining. For instance, if you are looking into display fridges for sale, you might want to consider renting them first from the supplier.
4. Your paperwork
When you are starting a food business in Australia, there are certain requirements you need to comply with to operate your business successfully. These include…
- Food licence – If you are serving food directly to customers, you need to get a food licence. You should also renew it after a year.
- Food business classification – Your locality’s government website will provide this information. It’s your responsibility to find out what is your business classification in order to get a proper licence.
- Property registration – Before you can even build your retail space, you need to register it first. More importantly, you need to check with your local council if the planning zone allows a food business within your premises.
- Food safety– Your staff must be trained in food safety and food handling. In addition, you should appoint a person from your staff to train as the food safety supervisor. Alternatively, you may also hire a third-party contractor. Along with this, you should create a food safety programme.
Just because it’s a “sweets” business doesn’t mean the process of building it tastes the same.
Start your business by getting a freezer from Cold Solutions
Here’s the answer to your freezing problems—Cold Display Solutions! They can provide an industrial freezer for sale, for lease, or for hire. You can even rent a freezer up to a year. They also ship their equipment Australia wide, from Perth to Brisbane.
Visit their website to know more about their display fridges for sale!